Wednesday, May 31, 2017

JN217 Week 3 Blog Forum

Topic 1: Fact Check
1. I reached out to Anne Magratten, Michael Bosch, Rebecca Fewless, and Jeff Davis. They were all sourced in my article.
2. Thus far, only Anne Magratten has read the article and responded, although I have now sent three total emails to the other sources and hope to hear back from at least another.
3. Anne Magratten was very happy about the article. "I thought the article was fantastic!" Anne also thanked me for covering the event. "Thank you for your commitment to covering art events on campus!"
4. Being that Anne was the only source that responded, I may have a minor correction to make, but she was an organizer of the event so she likely has a pretty good handle on the details. " I do not recall any inaccuracies," said Magratten.
5. I think I could have improved the story by knowing about it sooner and including more of the process leading up to the event. I think one of the most interesting aspects of the show was the collaborative process

Topic 2: Review
1. "There's Really a Wolf" by Russ, Released May 5, 2017
2. The sources I plan to use are myself, Russ and Preezy (who reviewed the album in XXL magazine).
3.  "There's Really a Wolf" is Russ' critically-acclaimed full-length studio album debut, but he's no rookie. Russ has released nine previous mixtapes dating back six years, and gained widespread popularity in underground hip-hop circles in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment