Friday, April 7, 2017

JN134 Week 1 Blog Forum

Topic 1:
My name is K. Rambo, I'm really cool and I'm pretty great at most things. My major is journalism, which is why I am taking photojournalism. I have very little photography experience but I have recently learned some of the basics about using cameras.

Topic 2:
I have a lot of goals for this class.
1. My largest goal is learning how to manipulate settings on a camera to really get great photos in different environments.
2. I want to learn how to quickly get a good depth of field and learn how to alter the depth of field once I have one.
3. I want to get at least one really good action shot at a baseball game, it seems very challenging and I think that would be a good benchmark for progress.

Topic 3:
Subject Ideas: I've been thinking about writing a feature about the SLC and how they help plan events, so taking photos of their event planning meetings on Monday, April 10 is something I'm interested in. I can take photos of them setting up, having their meeting, and them talking following the meeting. I've also wanted to take photos of the Poetry Club while people are doing readings during Tuesday meetings. Similarly, I can take photos before, during, and after the meeting. I can also take photos of the different parts of their meeting. My final idea is taking photos is at the Black Student Caucus meeting on Wednesday. Again, very much so the same plan, just getting there early and getting photos of people greeting members as they arrive, them checking in, discussions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment