Friday, January 20, 2017

JN216 Media Blog Forum #2

Topic 1: Biggest Challenge
1. My biggest challenge in writing this story was getting in touch with people to interview.
2. Something I intend to do differently is include more information from outside sources.
3. The interviews went well but I will probably be a little more persistent with getting in contact with people. I think I was a little too passive in my efforts which led to me being more pressed for time than I wanted to.

Topic 2: Edna
1. I thought her connection to the victims was the most interesting thing I observed in the first two chapters. It seems like having her job would be extremely taxing emotionally, particularly in an environment where most seem to be relatively detached.
"Often assistant city editors, short on space and patience, would insist that I select and report only the "major murder" of the day. I knew what they meant, but I fought the premise. How can you choose?"
2. Be careful and find good sources. Those are two tips that are very helpful. You can upset people you probably shouldn't, or put yourself in situations you wouldn't like to be in. It's important to think about where you are and what you're doing. Good sources are basically everything, they get you the information you need to write a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment